Wednesday, June 19, 2013

May Arts Nautical Craft Challenge


I had the opportunity to participate in another great challenge put on by the lovely Ribbon Lady over at the May Arts blog again, the theme this time was Nautical...perfect for an ocean lover like me! 
I decided to make a shadow box about Peggy's Cove. It's going to be our 10 year Anniversary this Fall and this is where we were engaged. We can add it to our Peggy's Cove gallery wall in our hallway at home.


I found a great video tutorial on YouTube for that Celtic Heart Knot, it was pretty darn easy to make and adds a lot of texture and interest to this piece. I also added a message in a bottle and a pressed penny that I got done at the Sou'Wester Gift Shop in Peggy's Cove. 


My banner is the layered banner and square chipboard pieces from UmWow Studio covered in washi tape from My Mind's Eye and Freckled Fawn. I was going for a Nautical Flag kind of look. 


Here's the full project. The ribbons I chose to use were Burlap Cord SP10, Woven Chevron Stripes/Wired 443-59-01, Twill  QN14 and Solid/Diagonal Stripe 424-18-03.

Other products I used were My Mind's Eye pattern papers, enamel dots and brad, Close To My Heart cardstock, American Crafts cardstock, October Afternoon Tin Pins and pattern paper, Studio Calico Mistable Stars and Mr. Huey's Mist, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and misc. tag and mini glass apothecary bottle.

Check out the rest of the entries on the May Arts Blog, choose your favorite(s) and leave a comment for your chance to win some yummy ribbons...3 whole rolls of your choice!

2 comments:

  1. Jasmine-I really love all the layers!!! Just lovely! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Jasmine! Super great choices for enhancing the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete